3 Days / 2 Nights: Budget Safari to Selous
The Selous Game Reserve is one of the largest faunal reserves of the world, located in the south of Tanzania. It was named after Englishman Sir Frederick Selous, a famous big game hunter and early conservationist, who died at Beho Beho in this territory in 1917 while fighting against the Germans during World War I.
Dry Season: June to mid November. This is the best time for game viewing along the rivers and lakes. Elephants come out of the bush at that time and predators are more commonly seen. December to February is good for game viewing but can be rather hot and humid.
Rainy Season: Mid November to mid December and March to May. Although wonderful for birdlife and lush scenery, many roads become impassable after heavy rains. April and May thus form the low season for visiting the camp.
Day 1 – Depart to Selous Game Reserve and an evening boat safari
Day 2 – Full day game drive at Selous Game Reserve
Day 3 – Early morning walking safari and depart to Dar es Salaam
The tour includes:
- 2 nights accommodation
- All wildlife reserve or park entry fees
- Bottled drinking water during the safari
- Daily game drives
- Daily meals as per itinerary
- River boat safari and a walking safari
- Services of a professional safari guide
- Transport in a 4WD car with pop-up roof
The tour doesn’t include:
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and beverages in lodges
- Optional activities
- Optional treatments
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities for safari guide and camp staff
- Travel insurance
- Visa and passport fees